Heat Stress: By The Basics, And The Base Layers.
“How do I help my guys stay cool in the hot summer months?” That may be the #1 question we at Bulwark receive this time of year, every year. The world’s #1 FR brand is here to help guide you with some cold, hard facts.
- Remember the 3 Rs: Rehydrate, Rest and Recognize
Drink cool water often and before you feel thirsty.
Take breaks in shaded/air-conditioned areas:
Especially when daytime temps are at their peak.
Shorter, more frequent work/rest cycles are best.
Learn to recognize the symptoms of heat-related illness in yourself and others; and report concerns immediately.
- NEVER Cheat In The Heat
Keep shirts buttoned, sleeves rolled down, and tucked in.
FR clothing can only protect you if worn properly.
- The Right Base Layers Boost Comfort
– Wicking base layers move perspiration from the skin outward, to allow for faster evaporation, and constant comfort.
– An FR base layer adds protection and might even allow for the use of a lighter weight shirt without sacrificing ATPV/ Protection.
– ALWAYS select a base layer that is flame resistant or at least 100% cotton